On Tue, 30 Oct 2012, Marko Ristola wrote:
I don't have a bugzilla report item from this yet, maybe later.
I have now Xen Dom0 Fedora 17 configuration, no experimental packages.
Desktop computer is rather new and supports hardware virtualization, but not
Test: Install paravirtual 64 bit Xen guest, Fedora 17 with HTTP based
- With Virt-manager installing went flawlessly.
- After reboot, I got in Finnish with a graphical picture: "Voi ei! Jotain
This means "Oh no, something got wrong."
So it seems that GDM doesn't work with Xen with default virt-manager
It could be https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=810040
try removing the fprintd package (plus fprintd-pam I think for
- I can make Login screen by switching from GDM to KDM. Mouse works there:
- From KDM I can start Gnome. Mouse works but Mouse cursor is invisible.
- If I start, via KDM, IceWM, mouse works and is visible.
I don't know if Fedora 18 will have this issue too.
It would be nice if Fedora as Dom0 would just work for Fedora Xen DomU
with default options. Maybe plain AbsoluteAxis for paravirtual mouse
would be the best option, no relative axis enabled by default?
Maybe co-operation with Gnome people is needed to finish this issue?
I see the invisible cursor as well, though I have never got around to
raising a bug for it for some reason. It seems to be peculiar to gnome
(and not gnome on ubuntu 10.0.4), for example the cursor is shown on text
screens before gnome starts.
xen mailing list