debian install and are at the login screen. I will type all but the
first 2 commands from my management computer, which will be running
convirt 0.8.2. my comments will be on lines that start with #'s and
commands will start with >>'s.

#Start of walkthrough
#On the Dom0 type these commands after logging in as root:
>>vim /etc/apt/sources.list
#you need to remove the cd-rom from the sources. press the down arrow
#3 times, press the letter i, enter a #, press Escape, enter a :,
# then enter the two letters wq, then press the enter key.
>>apt-get install openssh-server
>>ifconfig
#write down the ip address
#now from the management computer execute these commands:
#my Dom0 had an ip of 192.168.100.234.
>>scp ./convirt-0.8.2/config-scripts/xen-3.0/* [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/tmp
>>ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>apt-get install linux-image-2.6.18-5-xen-686 libc6-xen
xen-hypervisor-3.0.3-1-i386-pae
>>ln
-s /usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/lib/python/xen/ /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xen
>>ln -s /usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/ /usr/lib/xen
>>cd /tmp
>>./configure-xend.sh
#yes, I know it fails. Now you have to edit xend manually.
>>vim /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xen/xend/server/XMLRPCServer.py
#on line number 95 you need to delete 'localhost', but leave the "".
>>/etc/init.d/xend restart
>>apt-get install bridge-utils
#now you need to add xenbr0, to /etc/network/interfaces
>>vim /etc/network/interfaces
#add the following lines to the bottom of the file.
auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.100.234
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.100.1
        bridge_ports eth0
#replace the address settings to match your network.
>>ifup xenbr0
#Now, reboot the Dom0 and you can connect to it from Convirt.
#I found that on Convirt I had to change on of the connect server
#settings from 8006 to 8005 to make it work.
#End of walkthrough

Feel free to reply to this if you have any questions. I plan to upgrade
all my Dom0's to lenny, and if there are any changes I'll be sure to
write up another walkthough.

-William V