Do you mean there is something more recent than ltt-0.9.6-pre4 ?

If this is true where can this be found?

> so there has been
> little incentive to go for a combo Adeos+LTT patch over a
> moving target, this is
> the reason why Alex - the LTT support maintainer for Xenomai
> - has focused on a
> 2.6.9 kernel featuring the previous LTT architecture, and
> this was a good
> decision.

This restrain then to use oldgen Adeos architecture, as LTT is only
available on 2.6.9 and ipipe only from 2.6.13; is there anything preventing
having ipipe on 2.6.9 (apart from workload of course)?

> Upgrading this combo will be done in the I-pipe 1.1
> timeframe over the
> newest LTT support, for sure, basically to get rid of the
> oldgen Adeos patches
> for Xenomai completely.

That for sure will be nice.

> RTAI had problem maintaining the LTT support because of the lack of a
> maintainer; we do have one. This said, the best way you could
> contribute to this
> is crafting a prototype combo between I-pipe 1.0 and a recent
> LTT core (i.e. the
> one that relies on the refactored relayfs stuff), especially
> if you do consider
> this support as a critical feature. I guess that Alex would
> be fine working on
> this base later.

This is something we may look at, but need access to this new-gen LTT,
hopefuly supporting recent Linux kernel, at least 2.6.13.

BTW the rapid evolution of 2.6 is perhaps a benefit for some people, but to
maintain kernel-dependent extensions, it seems to be more a nightmare than
anything else...

> --
>
> Philippe.

Bernard