Dear all,
probably some of you have already heared about the RT-FireWire project. Now, I would like to announce the 0.1 release of the work. You can download the package via (BTW, for the homepage of RT-FireWire, you can just type, which will be automatically redirected)

Key features:
o   Compiles with Xenomai 2.0 and Linux 2.6.12+
o   Real-Time packet transmission (asynchronous and isochronous)
o   Real-Time Memory management
o   Device management via /dev/rt-firewire
o   Support RTnet via Real-Time Ethernet emulation over FireWire.

Some other remarks:
o   in current implementation, quite a part of the work is adopted from the Linux1394 system, which is designed for general purpose usage.
o   for those who are interested in the technical issues, it is recommended to read these 2 papers.

As a start-up OS project, we badly need more developing force, so please just drop me a mail if you are interested to join the work, or just curious to know more about the internals. And of course, it is recommended to register to the mailing list.

Best regards,
Yuchen Zhang