Hannes Mayer wrote:
Hi Jan!

Jan Kiszka wrote:

Hannes Mayer wrote:

I checked out xeno.trunk just a few minutes ago.
With kernel 2.4.32, kernel compilation fails with this:

mq.c: In function `mq_notify':
mq.c:475: error: `SIGEV_SIVNAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
mq.c:475: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mq.c:475: error: for each function it appears in.)

kernel/xenomai/skins/posix/mq.c
SIGEV_SIVNAL => SIGEV_SIGNAL

..with that it succeeds.

But still my timer example doesn't work - see:
https://mail.gna.org/public/xenomai-help/2005-12/msg00020.html

Is this problem only related to the periodic timer mode?

I've modified my example with rt_task_set_periodic as in the
rt_serial_uprog example
http://www.captain.at/xenomai-timer-task.php
and this variant is working.
I'm just curious why the original example (#2 on my page) suddenly
stopped working (rt_task_sleep seems to do nothing, so the messages
from the task are flooding the screen).

It would be nice to have the error codes possibly returned by rt_timer_start() and/or rt_task_sleep() if any.