Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:
> Jan Kiszka escreveu:
>
>> Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:

>>> I have never worked with vma_fileop... I would need to learn it first.
>>>

>> Here is the patch to offer you access to those ops. Revert the previous
>> version, then apply this one.
>>
> Actually I would have to revert the modifications I had to do for the
> patch to apply (some rejected chunks). But I think I'll update to the
> last SVN xenomai. BTW, is this patch for the SVN or 2.1 or 2.0.2
> xenomai? Or it would apply for all of them?

Developed and tested against 2.1. The current patch will not cleanly
apply against 2.0.

>> It still needs some final documentation
>> notes and a test on kernel 2.4. But is should already work on 2.6.
>>

> I forgot to mention, I have one more problem. Since I call mmap on
> driver initialization (thus before any rtdm_dev_open), I do not have any
> rtdm_user_info_t, so I need to use current instead, but I'm not sure if
> this will work. Maybe mmap needs the 'current' struct of the user
> program... I don't know this very well... If that is true, so I'll have
> to do the maps in a non-rt context anyway...

You cannot mmap before you know precisely for which user this should
take place. During init, it's the insmod/modprobe process - likely not
the one you are interested in. So the earliest point for mmap is device
open. If this is too late for you, then now finally forget about this
pre-mmapping and turn it into a normal function for secondary mode. It
will be hard anyway to find a user who will notice the difference.