Some more debugging (printf´s ;-)) of the example satch.c  revealed that
taskSpawn hangs in a function of the nucleus module nucleus/pod.c called
xnpod_schedule.

This is the caller stack :

vxworks/tasklib.c/taskSpawn
->vxworks/tasklib.c/taskInit
->vxworks/tasklib.c/TaskActivate
-->nucleus/pod.c/xnpod_start_thread
--->nucleus/pod.c/xnpod_schedule

and xnpod_schedule never returns.
Does anybody can give me some more hints for debugging or knows the solution
for this problem ?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Roderik