Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:
> Sorry Jan, I was looking at a different documentation. Now I read the right
> one. It is good. But I didn't understand why didn't you keep the latter note:
> "The nucleus timer has to be started to obtain valid results." I would
> include it before the other note.

Well, it's no longer relevant for Xenomai: you can't load a driver
without the timer being started - loading xeno_rtdm will do this.

On the other hand, you are right when considering RTAI where you still
face this obstacle. I will re-introduce the note below, but the strategy
will remain that it's up to the user (application) to resolve this.

"The system timer has to be started to obtain valid results. If this
happens automatically or is controlled by the application depends on the
RTDM host environment, see related documentation of the real-time Linux
extension."