Em Terça 14 Março 2006 16:00, Jan Kiszka escreveu:

>Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:

>>> No, in my case it doesn't matter. I'll adopt this way of doing it.
>>
>> Thinking better, I would need such a function for registering the
>> timestamp of the captured frame on the irq handler...
>
>What will this timestamp be used for, relative time calculations? I just
>would like to remind that the output of rtdm_clock_read_tsc() will not
>be in sync with the system clock in periodic mode (one of my major
>concern: that driver writers forget this fact).

But that is exactly what I need. Suppose that a robot control system uses two
images to estimate the robot speed. The application may need a control loop
of, say, 100ms, putting the periodic timer set to 1, 10 or 100ms. But,
suppose that in each loop it takes two images in a short time interval (less
then 100ms or even less then 1ms) and the real time interval is very
important. So the driver must pass the timestamp of each captured frame to
application loop. But those times shouldn't be multiple of the timer tick,
but the real time with all precision it can get.

I'm not talking especifically about this application, but giving you a general
idea of what is not possible to do currently with RTDM if the application set
the timer to periodic.

Regards,

Rodrigo.