Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > Likely too simple: The periodic IRQ seems to pop up on every CPU so that
 > the TSC could be recorded, but will this happen synchronously? At least
 > we will see (IRQ) jitters, and those jitters could already create in the
 > single-CPU case a non-monotonic clock...

I do not know how this issue is solved in Linux, but there seem to be a
simple solution: before adding the tsc offset to the last tick time,
this tsc offset should be compared with the tick duration in tsc
counts; if it is greater, then replace with the tick duration in tsc.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.