>  > Philippe,
>  >
>  > here are some patches and comments on the simulator "quick"-start
>  > process. I guess the patches are due to latest changes in trunk, and I
>  > cannot guarantee that they are clean - but the simulator compiles now.
>  >
>  > Regarding the rest of its build and start process: There are two hidden
>  > requirements, namely gcc < 4 (due to -fwritable-strings) and gdb 5.x. A
>  > note in sim/README about them would be great. Or do you have a fix for
>  > those issues scheduled?
>
> which version of gdb did you try ? version 6.3 works here.

Same version (6.3, OpenSuSE 10.0), but it doesn't work while 5.3 is
fine. Strange.

The effect is that I can load the program with full tracing depth, it
stops in mvm_root(), but I cannot step further (simulator hangs then). I
noticed that my own 5.3 gdb compilation is 10M heavy, while SuSE's is
only about 2M. Could have anything critical been switched off by the
distributor?