Hi Jan and others interested.

I've finally got my driver in a usable condition. It lacks a lot of
functionalities yet, but it aplies to my needs.

I would like to propose a real-time video interface for using with RTDM.

For making it simple to port Linux applications to Xenomai, I tried to make it
as close as possible to Video for Linux 2 API. I didn't see any serious
problem regarding its use on real-time environments in the specification. So,
the changes I think that would be necessary are:

o Change open/fopen to rtdm_dev_open
o Implement MMAP/MUNMAP as an IOCTL (while it can not be done in a rt-context
in the mean time, nor should be necessary)
o Implement also as IOCTLs: select and poll (I didn't implement them on my
driver because I didn't need them, but it should be necessary accordling to
o Change all timeval structs to uint64_t or some typedef to it for making it
easier to store the timestamps (we use rtdm_clock_read() instead of

I can't remember of another issue now. I think these changes would be enough.

Any ideas?

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!