Hello,

We are currently porting Adeos/Xenomai with Linux 2.6.14 on a ARM9-based Freescale i.mx21 (litekit) development board.

We started from the available patch for the ARM-based Integrator board.

We are now facing some interesting problems regarding clock/timer frequencies with this board, but they are about to be solved J

However, we have a question of understanding; as far as we know, ipipe starts with an aperiodic (one-shot) timer at the initialization time, and that before

the calibrate function has been called. So, we get one interrupt only since the xenomai scheduler has not been registered (we understand

that the xenomai scheduler should give the next timer shot, but since it is not registered yet, no timer reprogramming is achieved).

So, how can the calibrate function can be invoked safely if no timer IRQ is received since this kind of calibration comes before the xenomai registration

(the calibrate function needs IRQ timers to calibrate the number of busy loops between two jiffies) ?

How is it realized with a x86 architecture (another timer source?)

Is there any documentation – or discussion threads - which gives some information about the use of timers/RTC/TSC with Xenomai?

Thanks so much for your help

Kind regards

Daniel Rossier