Kent Borg wrote:

Jim Cromie posted a patch attempt for 2.6.15 (yeah!), and the patch
applied, but it doesn't compile for me:

   LD      init/built-in.o
   LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
 arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o: In function `__ipipe_sync_stage':
 : undefined reference to `ret_from_intr'
 arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o: In function `__ipipe_sync_stage':
 : undefined reference to `ret_from_intr'
 make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
For a .config I started with the stock Ubuntu 2.6.12-10-686 config
file and then took the defaults for all the oldconfig questions.

You get to keep both pieces ? ;-)

FWIW, the kernel was still running on my soekris 4801 til just now. (I rebooted)
Most of that time it was without its NFS root fs;
my laptop was unconnected.  It was doing *no* work of any kind tho.
Not that this helps...

Im trying a kernel build on my sony laptop pentium M.
differnt config than yours, but fuller than the soekris.
Its running now, Im typing on it.
wifi card works too !

Ive attached my working config - might get you going.
pls report back what made your config not work, once you find it.

Priority=100, Id=0x00000000
irq0-15: accepted
irq32: grabbed, virtual

FWIW, I diffed the 14 patch against mine, was puzzled at the large textual diffs. Guessed that it was a file ordering diff in the tar, and then forgot to mention this
at send.  This seems kinda odd, since Im running linux.

Phillipe, are you running BSD  ?  </ducks>

Are you creating patches from an fs other than ext3 ?
That could explain the ordering.  If not, Im stumped.
Maybe its an svn thing, they have a berkley-db-as-fs dont they ?

Also, FWIW, Ive been reading LKML, and it appears that
Ingo Molnar's  Mutex patches have turned the corner with Linux.
Theyre not in, and Ive got no crystal ball, but I suspect they
will get into 17 or 16

a good writeup for the regular folks (like me) on this list is here: