Doyle, Alan \(Siemens\) wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm looking into porting an embedded application using Accelerated
 > Technologies 'Nucleus' RTOS to a real time Linux variant. RTAI is the
 > preferred approach but on looking into available documentation I have
 > discovered Xenomai which seems to be designed to solve this sort of
 > problem. However as there is no existing emulator for Nucleus on Xenomai
 > I would have to write one so I'm unsure whether there would then be any
 > benefit. Could somebody advise me as to the pros and cons of porting to
 > RTAI or Xenomai.

Using Xenomai would ease writing a skin for the nucleus RTOS. Philippe
once wrote a mail on how to write a new skin, which you will find on
rtai.dk:

http://rtai.dk/cgi-bin/gratiswiki.pl?How_To_Implement_A_New_Skin

The reasons why the Xenomai project, was made a separate project from
RTAI is explained in the following post on RTAI mailing list :

https://mail.rtai.org/pipermail/rtai/2005-October/013155.html

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.