Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
 > > (...) But I would vote for a split between the user-space
 > > latency measurement tool and the display tool for kernel-space latency.
 > >

 > What's your main concern about the current solution? The need to have
 > RTDM being loaded to start only the userspace test?

I thought the user-space latency was also an example for the native
skin, and had not much in common with the display task for the
kernel-space benchmark. But these benchmarks have in fact much in
common, and the native skin still has the "satch" demo.

 > > It is a very interesting tool indeed (especially since I would need such
 > > a tool to benchmark the various solutions to improve nucleus timers
 > > scalability :). But it would be nice to be able to create several tasks
 > > or several timers without having to open one file descriptor by
 > > timer/task. Or if you want one file descriptor by timer/task,
 > > rt_tmbench_ioctl_nrt should return an error when trying to start the
 > > task or timer twice.
 > >

 > Ok, I will try to reworks this, generating a ready-for-merge patch which
 > will also include Philippe's remarks. No promise if this is going to be
 > a pre-Christmas gift. ;)

Do not bother, since I am the one who need it, I may change it. I will
follow-up with a new proposal.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.