Philippe Gerum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 15.11.2005 23:17:50:

> Dmitry Adamushko wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > enclosed please find a patch that hopefully adds so desired
> > functionality. I have made various tests with it just now and it seems
> > to work fine.
> >

> Sounds good.
>
> > A size of the bitmap is dependent on XNPIPE_NDEVS parameter in the same
> > vein as xnpipe_states depends on it; so hopefully that is what you have
> > meant Philippe (?)
> >

> And NDEVS still does not depend on BITS_PER_LONG - yes, that's ok.
>
> Two minor missing points :
>
> - Doc update for rt_pipe_create() describing P_MINOR_AUTO
> - ChangeLog frag

Enclosed a final patch.

One thing I wanted to point out is that the exteneded interface is not usable for the "rtai" skin since rtf_create() must know a real minor before calling xnpipe_connect() (at least it's implemented this way at the moment).

int rtf_create (unsigned minor, int size)

{

   fifo = __fifo_table + minor; <---- That's the reason!

   err = xnpipe_connect(minor,
                        &__fifo_output_handler,
                        &__fifo_exec_handler,
                        NULL,
                        fifo); <---- it's already dependent on minor.

And I don't think, of course, it's a good idea to export a separate interface for allocation of minor values from the nucleus. So either:

- rtf_create() should be rewritten differently;

- keep it as is since it looks like the real rtai interface doesn't require such a functionality.

> --
>
> Philippe.

---
Best regards,
Dmitry

(See attached file: pipe.auto-minor-3.patch)