Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
Philippe Gerum wrote:

Here is an update regarding the way things progress on the v2.1 branch:

o The build system has been deeply revamped, so that we now fully leave the burden of building Xenomai's kernel support to Linux. To this end, the code tree has been reorganized in two major sections, the first one contains the kernel-related sources (ksrc/), the other is hosting the user-space support (src/). Since the user-space portion does not need to know about the kernel sources anymore, several issues have been solved in the same move. All in all, things are way simpler than before, which seems to indicate that we are heading to the right direction. The documentation for the installation process needs to be updated though.

I like it a lot.

o Also as a matter of build system (and a bit more), v2.1 has been backported to Linux 2.4, starting with the ppc32 support. We rely on Denx's 2_4-devel tree as our 2.4 kernel of reference for this port [1]. A second backport to 2.4/x86 will happen when this combo is I-pipe ready. We are ahead of schedule regarding this backport, since it was initially planned for Q12006, but since we are going to add more supported architectures in the next months, it's better to have a stable build system for that.

Just tested Xenomai with adeos-ipipe-2.4.25-ppc-denx-0.9-02.patch on a recent DENX kernel tree. MPC 8xx support was missing. I have attached the patch to fix it. Furthermore I have not found the "Machine" options

Applied, thanks. 0.9-03 contains this fix.

(here from 2.6):

 # Machine
 # CONFIG_XENO_HW_FPU is not set

Now fixed.

The latency figures on my TQM860L board with Xenomai 2.1 and Liunx 2.4 are close to the one I measured with Xenomail 2.0 with Linux 2.6:

LATENCY with load on TQM860L:

Linux   |-----lat min|-----lat avg|-----latmax|-overrun|---test-time
2.6.13  |       60480|      120960|     224320|       0|    00:09:46
2.4.25  |       64080|       95120|     225040|       0|    00:10:00

Same observation here on a Freescale Icecube. I will reactivate the kernel-space latency test in order to have the full picture.