Philippe Gerum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10.10.2005 13:09:13:

> Dmitry Adamushko wrote:
> > Philippe Gerum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 05.10.2005 14:13:07:
> >
> >  >
> >  > Your patch is ok, my implementation was uselessly convoluted.
> >
> > Ok, then it's enclosed.
> >
> > 2005-10-05  Dmitry Adamushko  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Applied, thanks.

btw,

It looks like something wrong with the xenomai mailing list. I have got your answer but only one copy (you specified my own e-mail) and I haven't got my own message on the list (but I've cc'ed "xenomai-core").

One more thing. I had a discussion with Steven Seeger regarding the use of NULL-named objects from the user space. I cc'ed you but probably you were too buzy at that time. The problem is that one may create successfully a NULL-named object but then there is no way to use it since all further calls give an error (some funny stuff there indeed :)

So a simple fix would look like:

for all rt_OBJECT_create() calls in libnative:

int rt_mutex_create(RT_MUTEX *mutex, const char *name)
{

+ if (!name)
+ return -E_SOMETHING; // E_INVAL?

return XENOMAI_SKINCALL2(__xeno_muxid,
__xeno_mutex_create,
mutex,
name);
}

What do you think? Or are there any reasons to keep it as is now?