Hi Philippe

On Thursday 13 October 2005 09:24, Philippe Gerum wrote:
> - Regular automated benchmarking: What is Xenomai currently capable of, how
> stable is it, do we progress or regress over time and releases, arch by
> arch?

Have a couple of x86 development boxes running 24/7 - Could set one up as a
compile farm for running automated builds. Also have a PowerPC thin client
that I would like to utilise, but could really do with some help in setting
up the tools for cross-compiling the base system under Debian.

> - Configuration, building and packaging issues: Could we make this easier?

Anything that involves patching/compiling kernels is bound to cause trouble
for new users. Perhaps some tests for kernel options known to cause trouble
(such as APM & REGPARM) that print out large warnings during the config stage
might help..

Gilles already has a tarball of the Debian rules I used for packaging fusion.
With minor changes, these could be used for a Xenomai package. One
possibility is to use the rules and the compile farm to produce "ready to
run" kernel/Xenomai Debian packages.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and