Hi Paul,

> Using the debian/rules I did a few weeks ago as a basis for
> further work, I can work with Romain to develop it further.
> Not sure that having separate packages for each skin is a good
> idea, but certainly m-a is worth persuing.

Yes, finally I think that one set of packages for every skin
would be overkill.

As my 2 yen contribution, here is a debian/control file (ok, this
is the easiest task, but someone had to do it...). ;)

As for the rules file, I think that the most difficult will be to
generate the module source package. There is already a skeleton
of a source package generating a module source package, in the
documentation of package module-assistant:
/usr/share/doc/module-assistant/examples/templates-debian-dir.tar.bz2

What I did is to start with dh_make --kmod, then modify the
control file to define the other packages. Then we should try to
reuse module-assistant's template, that is apparently used by
all other module source packages in Debian.

--
Romain Lenglet
Source: xenomai

Package: libxenomai
Architecture: i386 powerpc
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
 Xenomai is a real-time development framework cooperating with the
 Linux kernel, in order to provide a pervasive, interface-agnostic,
 hard real-time support to user-space applications, seamlessly
 integrated into the GNU/Linux environment.
 .
 Xenomai is based on an abstract RTOS core, usable for building any
 kind of real-time interfaces, over a nucleus which exports a set of
 generic RTOS services. Any number of RTOS personalities called
 "skins" can then be built over the nucleus, providing their own
 specific interface to the applications, by using the services of a
 single generic core to implement it.
 .
 This package contains the runtime shared libraries.

Package: libxenomai-dev
Architecture: i386 powerpc
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
 Xenomai is a real-time development framework cooperating with the
 Linux kernel, in order to provide a pervasive, interface-agnostic,
 hard real-time support to user-space applications, seamlessly
 integrated into the GNU/Linux environment.
 .
 Xenomai is based on an abstract RTOS core, usable for building any
 kind of real-time interfaces, over a nucleus which exports a set of
 generic RTOS services. Any number of RTOS personalities called
 "skins" can then be built over the nucleus, providing their own
 specific interface to the applications, by using the services of a
 single generic core to implement it.
 .
 This package contains the development environment.

Package: libxenomai-tools
Architecture: i386 powerpc
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
 Xenomai is a real-time development framework cooperating with the
 Linux kernel, in order to provide a pervasive, interface-agnostic,
 hard real-time support to user-space applications, seamlessly
 integrated into the GNU/Linux environment.
 .
 Xenomai is based on an abstract RTOS core, usable for building any
 kind of real-time interfaces, over a nucleus which exports a set of
 generic RTOS services. Any number of RTOS personalities called
 "skins" can then be built over the nucleus, providing their own
 specific interface to the applications, by using the services of a
 single generic core to implement it.
 .
 This package contains command-line tools for testing Xenomai.

Package: libxenomai-doc
Architecture: i386 powerpc
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
 Xenomai is a real-time development framework cooperating with the
 Linux kernel, in order to provide a pervasive, interface-agnostic,
 hard real-time support to user-space applications, seamlessly
 integrated into the GNU/Linux environment.
 .
 Xenomai is based on an abstract RTOS core, usable for building any
 kind of real-time interfaces, over a nucleus which exports a set of
 generic RTOS services. Any number of RTOS personalities called
 "skins" can then be built over the nucleus, providing their own
 specific interface to the applications, by using the services of a
 single generic core to implement it.
 .
 This package contains documentation on the usage of the libraries.

Package: xenomai-source
Architecture: i386 powerpc
Depends: module-assistant, debhelper (>>4.0.0), make, bzip2
Recommends: kernel-patch-adeos (>=20050809)
 Xenomai is a real-time development framework cooperating with the
 Linux kernel, in order to provide a pervasive, interface-agnostic,
 hard real-time support to user-space applications, seamlessly
 integrated into the GNU/Linux environment.
 .
 Xenomai is based on an abstract RTOS core, usable for building any
 kind of real-time interfaces, over a nucleus which exports a set of
 generic RTOS services. Any number of RTOS personalities called
 "skins" can then be built over the nucleus, providing their own
 specific interface to the applications, by using the services of a
 single generic core to implement it.
 .
 This package provides the source code for the xenomai kernel modules.
 The xenomai package is also required in order to make use of these
 modules. Kernel source or headers are required to compile these modules.