> In order to compare Xenomai with other Debian packagees, I
> checked gtk-config, and I have a few remarks on xeno-config
> and its manpage.
[...]

I merely documented xeno-config as it is now, and made the
printed usage consistent. If you modify it, I will update the
manpage accordingly.

Another item to add to the looOOong-term wishlist: I would like
to have ready-to-use autoconf rules, to use instead of
xeno-config.

If someone ever writes such rules, e.g. in a "xenomai.m4" file,
it would only be necessary, at Xenomai install time:
1- to copy xenomai.m4 into /usr/share/autoconf/autoconf/
2- to add the following line into autoconf.m4:
m4_include([autoconf/xenomai.m4])
2- to regenerate autoconf.m4f by running:
cd /usr/share/autoconf/autoconf
autom4te --language=autoconf --freeze --output=autoconf.m4f

A simpler solution would be to ship a xenomai.m4 to be used as a
acinclude.m4 in every project using Xenomai. But I have had very
bad experiences with aclocal in that use case. aclocal is quite
buggy. And it would be more confortable for projects it is were
immediately available after installing Xenomai.

> Now, about the manpage itself, unless I am wrong, the DESTDIR
> feature is not documented, it is very useful when compiling
> for a target.

DESTDIR is a feature of makefiles generated through Automake, not
of xeno-config. Why would you like to document this is in
xeno-config's manpage?

--
Romain Lenglet