Hi,

my colleagues and I need some hint where to continue our search for the
cause of a weird cleanup issue:

An application of our robotics framework sometimes terminates (though
successfully) in a way that the system timer IRQ no longer arrives
afterwards or no re-program takes place anymore. All other Linux IRQs
are fine (Ethernet, keyboard, etc.). I cannot provide an easy test case
yet as besides the framework some expensive gyroscope and the 16550A
driver are involved.

Fortunately, we found a clean way of stabilising the application by
fixing our broken code :) and improving the serial driver (RTIOC_PURGE),
so that the original problem is solved now (unreliable startup and
cleanup). Anyway, the stopped timer is not yet explainable, and that's
why we plan to dig deeper.