Niklaus Giger wrote:
> Hi
>
> Following a suggestion from Philippe Gerum I propose to collect and prepare
> like this:
>
> a) Make it easy to collect information
>
> add -s/-c option to xeno-test, help text would look like
> -s         send output of xeno-test to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> -c <name>  if -s, send also kernel config file to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (May be patch xeno-config to emit also the revision of the svn checkout?)
>
> b) Setup an e-mail account [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> c) Add a archiver which generates daily a gzipped tar file of all messages
> ever sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (e.g. of its mbox). Make it available
> somewhere on the internet.
>
> d) Write a converter the raw messages into more suitable representation, eg.
> MySQL-DB, a spreadsheet format. Extract the raw message and kernel config and
> store the publicly accessible on the internet. The DB/spreadsheet will
> contain pointers (URLs) to the raw message/kernel config.
>
> e) Write viewers which present interesting statistics. E.g. X/HTML pages to
> present a ordered (by architecture, board, version, etc) view of the
> available  results.

Do you know http://issaris.org/rtai (the RTAI LiveCD)? It's no longer
maintained but may still contain useful ideas, and Takis (Panagiotis
Issaris) will likely be happy to answer questions on details of his
approach.

> I would like to advance like this:
>
> I am not interested in step a), as it is easy for me just to write a trivial
> script to sent the xeno-test output to any address. Also adding the revision
> of svn checkout is not very difficult.
>
> For point b+c) I am lacking the necessary rights, but it easy for me to setup
> a similar account for my tests here. But I would appreciate, if somebody of
> the core team would help me to get this work done.
>
> For point d+e) I will (after a week of vacation with my son) invest some
> work.
> But I would be very interested in knowing exactly which kind of information
> the core developers are interested in. How should it be presented? In tabular
> form? Graphs, which ones? And kind of feedback will be evaluated and
> integrated.

I think starting with what Takis once collected would be more than
enough for a first round.

I cannot provide you access to the infrastructure, but I vote for
granting it. Great commitment!