Romain Lenglet wrote:

<doc fixes, skipped>

BUGS

-N   name is timestamped, giving uniqueness.  This is a
caveat, not a bug

No, it is a feature. I added it into the documentation of -L and -N. By the way, I suggest that you use a timestamp in the RFC 3339 format (a subset of ISO 8601):
date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S%:z"
or, assuming date is GNU date:
date --rfc-3339=seconds

I wanted a compact rep.
is there a std format that doesnt have a space ?
its nicer for us xterm double-click cut-pasters.

-p   oops.   Im open to suggestions whether this is worth
fixing.

(workload mgmt)

   workload tasks arent always (ever?) restarted once they
finish, so a real /dev/hda1 workload may end before your test
does, causing non-uniform &
unexpected load variations.

you used the default load in your explanation, which never ends ( /dev/zero supplies infinite 0s)
One of these days Ill try to actually fix it.

workloads arent always killed if test is interrupted.

Added into the bugs section.

Now, it is my turn to make some remarks on xeno-test... ;)
2-
I don't know why there is a sort of option "-n" in the case:
        n)
            # accept note (from the outer process)
            notes=$OPTARG ;;
Those three lines should be removed: this is dead code.

Ack. vestigial cruft. was meant to pass info into the script as way to show in 1st lines how test was run.