>  > BTW, this reminds me the ask for a merging plan of the kgdb support for
>  > ipipe - this bug was tracked down via kgdb...
> There are some issues with the kgdb patch:
> - it does not work if the nucleus is compiled as a module, because it
>   uses xnpod_current_thread()

I know, but I do not have a clean solution for this yet. A workaround
would be to force the nucleus into the kernel via kconfig if the kgdb is
enabled. Any other ideas how to detect kernel-only threads (i.e. invalid

> - it does not work on SMP because the kgdb patch uses
>   smp_processor_id(), which does not work on SMP over Xenomai domain.

Ok, but probably fixable. If simple search&replace in the kgdb patch is
not enough, a similar workaround could be applied for now: disallow kgdb
usage over SMP.