Niklaus Giger wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 28. Mai 2006 12:45 schrieb Jan Kiszka:
>> Niklaus Giger wrote:
>>> Am Samstag, 27. Mai 2006 18:42 schrieb Jan Kiszka:
> <..>
>>> Added a "ps | grep $_j" to show whether a dd job is still running before
>>> killing it. Now, at least running under the busybox. the dd jobs get
>>> killed as they should. Therefore I added a "killall dd" for the case the
>>> dd_jobs variable is empty.
>> But there is still no load during the tests, correct?
> Yes. But now it should. The dd_jobs got killed too early, as under the
> BusyBox
> the trap exit handler got called too early. I think there are some subtle
> differences between the trap of the BusyBox- and the Bash-shell.
>
> Now I store the pids in a file under /var/lock. Tested it under bash and
> busybox, works okay for me.
>
> Options like "-4-W 'dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/dev/null'" should also be handled
> correctly.

Default workload behaves as expected now, but specifying something
different here via -W let the script hang on the workload startup.

> Options -L -m -M not tested under the BusyBox PPC405 target, as there I do
> not
> have access to curl, script and mail.
>
> <..>
>> - special characters in line 152 of xeno-test:
> Sorry. Corrected. I think kate did not handle a paste from your e-mail
> message
> correctly
> <..>
>> - the output of xeno-test contains this error:
> <..>
>> /bin/xeno-test: /bin/xeno-test: 325:  : not found
> May be the result of above error? Could not reproduce it here. Could try
> again
> the attached patch?

Basically, it runs fine. But I have two further suggestions:

o some kind of summary of the completed rt-tests on script termination.
  I know what to lock for in the logs, but will the newbie do so?

o a switch to control the test periods. I'm playing with a patch to
  control the aperiodic timer resolution. When I tune it to 1 ms e.g.,
  having an option to push the test tool periods at this level as well
  would be nice.

Thanks a lot for your effort!