>> Philippe Gerum wrote:
>>> While we are at it,
>>> #define current ipipe_safe_current() /* ? */
>>

>> Nope, there is the need for some special changes.
>>

> If you refer to the cache flushing issue, then it would be better to
> actually check for foreign stacks explicitely, so that you could
> substitute current globally:
>
> -    if (CACHE_FLUSH_IS_SAFE && current->mm &&
> -            addr < TASK_SIZE)
> +    if (CACHE_FLUSH_IS_SAFE && !testbit(IPIPE_NOSTACK_FLAG,
> +     &ipipe_percpu_domain[cpuid]->cpudata[cpuid].status) &&
> +            current->mm && addr < TASK_SIZE)

Right - on first sight. I tried to redefine current, but the
ipipe_safe_current macro requires that symbol itself, ugh. Turning
ipipe_safe_current into a static inline doesn't work due to circular
dependencies on linux/sched.h.

So I guess it's best to keep it as it is (though kgdb-ipipe.patch would
have become really cute).