Hello,

I'm currently implementing a RTDM real-time CAN driver, which raises the the problem of adding the driver to the Xenomai source tree. My first idea was to provide RTCAN as a patch for Xenomai:

  $ cd xenomai
  $ patch -p1 < xenomai-rtcan-add-on.patch
  $ scripts/prepare_kernel ...
  $ <configure and make kernel>
  $ <configure, make and install Xenomai user space stuff>

This does not work because of autoconf files needed to copy header files to the installation path. Is this really necessary? Another issue is where to put utility and test programs. Making them without autoconf and friends works by using xeno-config. But they should be installed with make install as well. Likely there are other issues.

Any ideas or comments on how to provide a generic RTDM driver add-on infrastructure?

Wolfgang.