 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > wondering why suddenly things crash on invoking the latency test, I
 > > realised that I turned the nucleus into a module which was not yet
 > > loaded. Here is the oops in this case:
 >
 > Correction: the nucleus was still compiled in, the native skin was missing.

After a few investigation, the problem appears to be that the nucleus
assume that user-space skins will issue a bind syscall before using a
skin, and that the user-space RTDM library does not exit if binding
fails. So, there are two ways we can fix this problem:
- either we make the nucleus paranoid and have it handle gracefully
  syscalls to non loaded tables;
- or we make the user-space RTDM library behave like other skins and
  exit if the interface is not bound.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.