Ok, five weeks is far too long between release candidates and we'll
try to shorten that, but still, the number of issues closed by -rc3 is
worth the delay. Significant POSIX skin updates, KGDB support merged
for x86, and another ARM port, this one over the iMX21, are among the
goodies. Here is the short log:
* nucleus: Fix synch. object ownership stealing.
* rtdm: Add support for mapping vmalloc'ed memory.
* HAL/i386: Fix alignment issue of NMI support with GCC 4.1.
* nucleus: Properly handle module locking/unlocking to prevent
unsafe unloads. Add a regular syscall table for handling
internal nucleus syscalls. Add per-process cleanup handlers.
* vxworks: Conformance fixes.
* posix: Close race window in several syscall wrappers.
Add support for user-space mutex and condition variable
attributes. Cleanup per-process objects on process
termination. Add support for the SCHED_NORMAL policy.
Rework allocation in shared memory support.
* testsuite: Add context switch unit test.
* scripts: Various cleanups and improvements.
* scripts: Better busybox support. Provide test script to
* HAL/ia64: Leverage pipeline head optimization.
* HAL/i386: Enable KGDB support.
* nucleus: Allow creation of non real-time Xenomai-enabled
threads. Improve binary heap management for timers.
* testsuite: implement Power PC FPU testing routines.
* Adeos/arm: Add support for the Freescale iMX21/csb535fs board.
* Adeos/blackfin: Upgrade to R06R1RC2 and CVS-20060625.
* Adeos/i386: Fix 2.4 compilation w/ GCC 3.4. Upgrade 2.6
* nucleus: Add XNPIPEIOC_SETSIG.
* vrtx: Extend user-space support.
* testsuite: Fix sched_setaffinity() issue.
See the ChangeLog for details.
Xenomai-core mailing list