Hi,

could someone give this scenario a try (requires my recent patch series)
and tell me if you are also seeing excessive latencies:

Start:
irqloop (+xeno_irqbench) -P 99 -t 0
latency -p 200 -P 50

Terminate:
irqloop

The termination seems to cause high latencies to the (then highest-prio)
periodic timer test. This does not happen with irqloop -t 1
(kernel-based task), and I can reduce the effect by invoking
pthread_setschedparam(SCHED_NORMAL) for the irqloop test thread right
before termination. Also, running and terminating another latency
instance with prio 99 does not have this effect.