Thank you Jan. I tested and it is working pretty fine again.

My only problem is that I couldn't compile the new IRQ testsuite. I needed to
disable it in order to compile the kernel. That happened both at home as at
college.

Thank you, once more.

Best Regards,
Rodrigo.

Em Domingo 02 Julho 2006 10:29, Jan Kiszka escreveu:

>Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:
>> I began to experience a problem since 2.6.17 when shutting down my PC.
>>
>> I noticed the problem just after I recompiled my kernel to enable the SMI
>> workaround. I, then rebooted the new kernel and when I tried to shutdown
>> the system, it stopped on "will halt now" message or something like.
>>
>> The same behavior is occurring both in home (Pentium-3 550 MHz) and  at
>> college (P4-1.7GHz). In both systems, Xenomai advised me to enable SMI
>> workaround. Actually, at home, the worst latency with the latency test was
>> about 20us independently from enabling or not the SMI workaround.
>>
>> Do someone else experienced a similar problem when upgrading to 2.6.17?
>
>Yep. Should be fixed now, see latest trunk.
>
>It was a deadlock due to clumsy unregistration of the reboot notifier
>from its own handler. I think the locking of the kernel changed in
>2.6.17 (RCU) and made this fatal.
>
>Jan
>

>PS: 20us on a P-III 550 is a bit too good. I guess some serious load is
>missing (cache load, IRQs, ...).

Novidade no Yahoo! Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu celular.
Registre seu aparelho agora!
http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/