On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 17:01 +0200, Stelian Pop wrote:
> Le mardi 11 juillet 2006 à 08:20 +0200, Detlef Vollmann a écrit :
>
> > What is missing is a look at entry-macro.S.
> > Stelian Pop has done something for the Integrator that I don't
> > really understand and therefore I can't say whether the PXA needs
> > something similar.
>
> Well, you should have asked if you didn't undestand. :)
>
> The change in entry-macro.S does optimize the fast path for a timer
> interrupt. Instead of looking at each interrupt controller status and
> compute the irq number the code tests the timer interrupt status and
> returns immediately if true.

So this isn't really needed?

Are there other things where I have to take a look to?

I think I have found 2 errors in the code of Detlef Vollmann:
- timer_initialized is never set to 1, so __ipipe_mach_get_tsc will
always return 0. I have set timer_initialized to 1 at the end of
pxa_timer_init.

- __ipipe_mach_set_dec will return without calling
spin_unlock_irqrestore_hw(&timer_lock, flags); when delay < 8

When I use the adaptions of Detlef Vollmann and
adeos-ipipe-2.6.15-arm-1.3-04 Linux doesn't get any interrupts. During
initialization of the hard-disk I get the error 'hda: lost interrupt'.

Somebody an idea?

Bart