Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
 > Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > > Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
 > >> Hello,
 > >>
 > >> with todays SVN version of Xenomai, the testsuite program
 > >> switchtest/switch.c does not compile because cpu_set_t and friends
 > >> (CPU_SET, ...) are not undefined. I'm using kernel version 2.4.25.
 > >>
 > >> Any idea what goes wrong. I haven't found where cpu_set_t is declared,
 > >> not even in Linux
 > >
 > > That's user-space stuff, in /usr/include/bits/sched.h on my box. Maybe
 > > some #ifndef __cpu_set_t_defined + local definition is required here.
 > > What glibc version do you use?
 > Ah, OK. The problem is with gcc version 3.3.3 (DENX ELDK 3.1.1 3.3.3-9),
 > which does not have cpu_set_t, indeed. The configure script already
 > deals with different implementations of setaffinity. The attached patch
 > fixes the problem. It removes CONFIG_SMP, which is not known to user
 > space applications anyhow. Well, it might get defined in
 > "src/include/xeno_config.h" somehow but I don't know how this could work
 > properly without knowing the configured kernel tree.

The configure script has a --enable-smp option that set CONFIG_SMP in
xeno_config.h. sched_setaffinity is unneeded when not running over SMP
machine, so I thought it would be simpler to completely avoid
sched_setaffinity over UP machines.

The proper fix is to also define cpu_set_t when CONFIG_SMP is not set.
I will fix this.

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.