Hello,

if you take a look e.g. at how synch->owner is used in the current SVN codebase then you will notice that this field is actually usefull only for PIP objects but xnsynch_wakeup_* and friends update it for all cases. No, I don't want to say that's why let's do the same with PENDING.

This is a preliminary patch and, that said, I'm going to take a closer look at the synch.c.

Regarding PENDING : not sure at the moment if it would be helpful (have to think about possible use cases), but with the help of PENDING it's possible to support "ownership"-stealing for FOWNER objects. Sounds funny? :)

if (testbits(synch->status, XNSYNCH_FOWNER | XNSYNCH_PENDING) == XNSYNCH_FOWNER) {

// the object has been stolen while a thread was waiting to be scheduled on

}

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Adamushko