Niklaus Giger wrote:
> Hi
>
> All my PPC based compilation fail with something like
>
> ccache gcc -rdynamic -o .libs/rtcanconfig
> rtcanconfig.o
> -L/mnt/data.ng/buildslave/buildbot/quick-ppc/build/ppc/src/skins/native
> -L/mnt/data.ng/buildslave/buildbot/quick-ppc/build/ppc/src/skins/rtdm
> /mnt/data.ng/buildslave/buildbot/quick-ppc/build/ppc/src/skins/rtdm/.libs/librtdm.so
>  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/xenomai/lib
> /mnt/data.ng/buildslave/buildbot/quick-ppc/build/ppc/src/skins/rtdm/.libs/librtdm.so:
>
> undefined reference to `pthread_kill'
> http://ngiger.dyndns.org/buildbot/ppc/builds/229/step-mk_xeno/0
> Is this only a PPC problem? It appears first with build 226, which referred
> revisions 1433 and 1434. Details see
> http://ngiger.dyndns.org/buildbot/ppc/builds/226
>
> Jan, could you please have a look at the error, as it seems to me that you
> reduced the lib dependencies a little bit too much?

Well, neither rtcanconfig nor librtdm have explicit dependencies on
libpthread. Unfortunately, the generic skin init code now drags in
pthread_kill when the linker fails to remove xeno_handle_mlock_alert for
librtdm. That doesn't happen with my gcc-4.1, likely older compilers are
less smart.

Anyone any ideas how to solve it WITHOUT adding -lpthread to librtdm? I
would say either move that functions to a separate module or include it
via a separate header that all skins include except rtdm.

> Jan BTW, I also switched the RTNet svn to the new location.

Looking forward to the build results once we get xenomai compiling
again. A lot of stuff changed or got added recently.