On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 13:16 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Philippe Gerum wrote:
>  > I'd rather keep the number of obscure conditional macros as low as
>  > possible; we should actually try to reduce them since we have a growing
>  > number of real and pseudo-archs to support, and those macros tend to
>  > obfuscate the generic code.
>  >
>  > In the same vein, is there anything we could use in the compatible Adeos
>  > patch that would unambiguously identify the presence of such support
>  > without resorting to yet-another-macro like IPIPE_HAVE_SHARED_TIMER_IRQ?
>
> We could decide that ipipe_timer_irq_p() must be implemented as a macro,
> and use #ifdef ipipe_timer_irq_p but I thought that #ifdef
> IPIPE_HAVE_SHARED_TIMER_IRQ was easier to understand.

It is, but the point is that we should not define a normalized
interface; older ARM patches are obsoleted by the very existence of the
new one adding a required feature for PXA. Therefore, at some point in
time, we are going to deprecate them, removing the conditional from the
Xenomai codebase. In other words, this code is aimed at transitioning
internally between two Adeos patch series, not at providing a stable
interface.