On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 18:09 +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> As we should not statically link the native/rtdm libraries against our
> new CAN tools (that code may reside on small embedded devices soon...),
> the old "Linking the executable XXXX ... is not portable!" warning now
> pops up again during Xenomai user-space build.
>
> Here is an approach to work around that warnings already at libtool
> level (though I'm still convinced dropping "-module" would make more sense).

I don't like the idea of patching the .la files, really. But thinking a
bit more about the -module option than previously, it's likely that one
would want to dlopen a library using the skin, rather than the skin
itself. So I would eventually vote for getting rid of -module instead;
it looks like much saner.

If people have objections so as making skin libraries not dlopenable
anymore, it's the right time to express them.