>  > Ok, here comes version 2, now with detection of the required ld feature.
>  > Falls back to normal behaviour if ld is too old. Could you test it please?
>  >
>  > [Grmbl, the fun stops where autoconf begins...]
>
> Seems to work. But maybe we could find the bottleneck and fix it in a
> general way. What part of the process is slow ?

Don't know. Maybe it's some automake magic (the arguments look different
between libtool invocation and linker run), maybe just the long list of
arguments.

Anyway, it's also annoying how the screen is filled up with this
irrelevant information. So besides looking for other optimisations (but
things run fine now I think), I definitely vote for the @file approach
for the sake of output reduction. I haven't build a larger POSIX project
against Xenomai recently, but I could imagine that the dump size can
become even more than just annoying...