Paul wrote:

 > Hi Folks
 >
 > Having found a problem with another project where semicolons in a few make
 > targets were causing the shell to barf, I grepped xenomai trunk for similar
 > problems. In doing so, I also spotted a few echos where the text wasn't
 > quoted - A sure fire problem should anyone run the offending rule.
 >
 > Small patch attached.

Could you tell us a bit more about the errors you had on the other
project ? I never got any error when sticking the semicolon to the last
shell line token. I also read the portable shell rules in autobook and
do not find any mention to such a problem. As for quoting the arguments
of echo, I am pretty sure that it is not needed.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.