hi guys,

I encountered this error building 18-mm2 with a .config Ive been
using with xenomai since I started.

arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x34f1): In function `do_nmi':
arch/i386/kernel/traps.c:752: undefined reference to `panic_on_unrecovered_nmi' arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x3564):arch/i386/kernel/traps.c:712: undefined reference to `panic_on_unrecovered_nmi'

$ grep nmi arch/i386/kernel/Makefile
obj-$(CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC)    += apic.o nmi.o

which I dont have enabled.

Will fix.

BTW I was planning to make LOCAL_APIC unconditional on i386 too like on x86-64.
There is basically no reason ever to disable it, and the bug work around
for buggy BIOS one can be done at runtime. Overall the #ifdef / compile breakage
ratio vs saved code on disabled APIC code is definitely unbalanced.

-Andi

This looks like it may become a problem:

Q: The kernel message log says:
  "Xenomai: Local APIC absent or disabled!
   Disable APIC support or pass "lapic" as bootparam."

A: Xenomai sends this message if the kernel configuration Xenomai was
  compiled against enables the local APIC support
  (CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC), but the processor status gathered at boot
  time by the kernel says that no local APIC support is available.
  There are two options for fixing this issue:

  o either your CPU really has _no_ local APIC hw, then you need to
    rebuild a kernel with LAPIC support disabled, before rebuilding
    Xenomai against the latter;

Is this something fundamental or merely inconvenient ?