Am Samstag, 28. Oktober 2006 20:36 schrieb Wolfgang Grandegger:
> Niklaus Giger wrote:
> My impression from our last discussion was that your toolchain is
> somehow broken as I was unable to reproduce your problems on (almost)
> the same hardware
>
> > I think I really have to reactivate my old Walnut board to have common
> > platform to test with Wolfgang Grandegger.
>
> It would make more sense to use the ELDK4 for comparison. I don't think
> it depends on the hardware.
As I forced my son to run on his MacMini (Intel Core Duo) only Linux and no
MacOsX (he discovered widelands and was quite happy), I had a platform where
I could install the CD with ELDK 4.0, which I had laying around.

After some setting up of my environment and tweaking my scripts to work with
ELDK (e.g. adding --host=ppc CC=ppc_4xx-gcc to my xenomai/configure) I ended
up with a nice environment and rootfs with much more precompiled programs
than I had ever before. Debugging on the platform is now as good as on my
PowerBook.

My situation is now as follows:
- ELDK 4.0 installed on Debian Etch MacMini
- Using ELD 4.0 rootfs ppc_4xx
- compiled the kernel uImage, modules, xenomai using ppc_4xx-gcc
   (but NOT adding any -mcpu=40x flag to the compiler)

The trap 0 in  /proc/xenomai/fault seems to count on each invocation of simple
  0:           51    (Data or instruction access)
gdb however no does not show anything abnormal, as it says now
> This GDB was configured as "ppc-linux"...Using host libthread_db library
> "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
>
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /bin/simple
> [New Thread 805422032 (LWP 639)]
> root_thread_init 4[New Thread 805455088 (LWP 642)]
>
> Program exited normally.
> (gdb) quit

Though I am still puzzled.

Best regards