Niklaus Giger wrote:
Am Samstag, 28. Oktober 2006 20:36 schrieb Wolfgang Grandegger:
Niklaus Giger wrote:
Am Samstag, 28. Oktober 2006 14:54 schrieb Niklaus Giger:
Am Freitag, 27. Oktober 2006 18:38 schrieb Philippe Gerum:
On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 23:46 +0200, Niklaus Giger wrote:
My impression from our last discussion was that your toolchain is
somehow broken as I was unable to reproduce your problems on (almost)
the same hardware

I think I really have to reactivate my old Walnut board to have common
platform to test with Wolfgang Grandegger.
It would make more sense to use the ELDK4 for comparison. I don't think
it depends on the hardware.
As I forced my son to run on his MacMini (Intel Core Duo) only Linux and no MacOsX (he discovered widelands and was quite happy), I had a platform where I could install the CD with ELDK 4.0, which I had laying around.

After some setting up of my environment and tweaking my scripts to work with ELDK (e.g. adding --host=ppc CC=ppc_4xx-gcc to my xenomai/configure) I ended

--host=ppc-linux is already enough with CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx- set.

up with a nice environment and rootfs with much more precompiled programs than I had ever before. Debugging on the platform is now as good as on my PowerBook.

My situation is now as follows:
- ELDK 4.0 installed on Debian Etch MacMini
- Using ELD 4.0 rootfs ppc_4xx
- compiled the kernel uImage, modules, xenomai using ppc_4xx-gcc (but NOT adding any -mcpu=40x flag to the compiler)
The trap 0 in  /proc/xenomai/fault seems to count on each invocation of simple
  0:           51    (Data or instruction access)
gdb however no does not show anything abnormal, as it says now
This GDB was configured as "ppc-linux"...Using host libthread_db library

(gdb) run
Starting program: /bin/simple
[New Thread 805422032 (LWP 639)]
root_thread_init 4[New Thread 805455088 (LWP 642)]

Program exited normally.
(gdb) quit

Though I am still puzzled.

Could you please send me your Makefile or the compile command to make "simple", then I would give it a try on my setup.