Niklaus Giger wrote:
Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2006 09:14 schrieb Wolfgang Grandegger:
Niklaus Giger wrote:
Am Montag, 30. Oktober 2006 08:31 schrieb Wolfgang Grandegger:
Niklaus Giger wrote:
Am Samstag, 28. Oktober 2006 20:36 schrieb Wolfgang Grandegger:
Niklaus Giger wrote:
Am Samstag, 28. Oktober 2006 14:54 schrieb Niklaus Giger:
Am Freitag, 27. Oktober 2006 18:38 schrieb Philippe Gerum:
On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 23:46 +0200, Niklaus Giger wrote:
My impression from our last discussion was that your toolchain is
somehow broken as I was unable to reproduce your problems on (almost)
the same hardware

I think I really have to reactivate my old Walnut board to have
common platform to test with Wolfgang Grandegger.
It would make more sense to use the ELDK4 for comparison. I don't
think it depends on the hardware.
As I forced my son to run on his MacMini (Intel Core Duo) only Linux
and no MacOsX (he discovered widelands and was quite happy), I had a
platform where I could install the CD with ELDK 4.0, which I had laying

After some setting up of my environment and tweaking my scripts to work
with ELDK (e.g. adding --host=ppc CC=ppc_4xx-gcc to my
xenomai/configure) I ended
--host=ppc-linux is already enough with CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx- set.

up with a nice environment and rootfs with much more precompiled
programs than I had ever before. Debugging on the platform is now as
good as on my PowerBook.

My situation is now as follows:
- ELDK 4.0 installed on Debian Etch MacMini
- Using ELD 4.0 rootfs ppc_4xx
- compiled the kernel uImage, modules, xenomai using ppc_4xx-gcc
   (but NOT adding any -mcpu=40x flag to the compiler)

The trap 0 in  /proc/xenomai/fault seems to count on each invocation of
simple 0:           51    (Data or instruction access)
gdb however no does not show anything abnormal, as it says now

This GDB was configured as "ppc-linux"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/tls/".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /bin/simple
[New Thread 805422032 (LWP 639)]
root_thread_init 4[New Thread 805455088 (LWP 642)]

Program exited normally.
(gdb) quit
Though I am still puzzled.
Could you please send me your Makefile or the compile command to make
"simple", then I would give it a try on my setup.
Here are the commands
ppc_4xx-gcc -I../.. -I/home/hcu/rootfs/usr/xenomai/include -D_GNU_SOURCE
-D_REENTRANT -I/net/ng/mnt/ -D__XENO__ -g
-DVXWORKS    -c -o simple.o simple.c
ppc_4xx-gcc -o simple
simple.o -L/home/hcu/rootfs/usr/xenomai/lib -lpthread  -lvxworks
Again the same question. What versions of kernel, ADEOS-IPIPE and
Xenomai are you using.I have some problems to get the kernel booted with
the VxWorks skin emulation. I understood, that I must build the Native
and POSIX skin as modules and enable the periodic timer support with a
resonable frequency.
I used revision 1747 of the xenomai trunk, linux 2.4.17 + some small patches
                            I think you mean linux 2.4.14 here.

(attached) for my system, the attached .config, adeos-ipipe-2.6.14-ppc-1.5-01.patch.

I have vxworks built-in to enforce that the timers get initialized into the periodic mode.

OK, I will use the same setup for my test.

Best regards