Jan Kiszka wrote:
Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:

the attached patch adds Xenomai configuration help for Linux 2.4:

Cool that you picked this up! Frankly, I didn't expect that this would
really work without any pitfalls - but it seems to.

I immediately liked you idea. Having an easily accessible description of the Xenomai kernel configuration parameters helps users a lot. So far I just realized some problems with "choice" but they seem not related to the conversion. It's more likely a bug in menuconfig.

Just one addition feature wish: Could you enhance it so that it can also
upgrade an existing Configure.help patch? Maybe put some magic marks
(comments) around the xeno stuff and remove the whole block before
re-patching the help information?

You mean re-running "prepare-kernel" should update the Xenomai block in Configure.help? Doing it in the perl script should not be a big deal.

Jan (who wishes that this would also work for Kconfig->Config.in...)

Yeah, but...