Benjamin Zores wrote:
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:13:03 +0100
Wolfgang Grandegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, the PowerPC tree is not yet supported.

Yes but as i need it now i've decided to port it ;-)
Or at least of a try.

Good, :-)

You might have realized my hack to get ride of radix-tree.h for the ppc tree.

Actually not, have some patch ?

For the ppc tree, I have added

  #ifdef CONFIG_PPC_MERGE
  #include <linux/radix-tree.h>
  #endif

to include/powerpc/irq.h to get rid of the trouble with radix-tree.h.

What defconfig do you use? Unfortunately I do not have a board by hand supported by the PowerPC tree.

mpc834x_itx_defconfig

I briefly reviewed your patch. At a first glance, it looks OK, but it is not yet complete and it does not compile. Quickly, I spotted the following problems:

- NR_IRQS is not defined. This is a problem with the include weirdness due to radix-tree.h, IIRC. It is set to 512 for all PowerPC archs, puh, that's overkill (but not our problem for the time being).

_ipipe_grab_irq(): special IRQ numbers have changed. Check for NO_IRQ_IGNORE in the attached patch. Also the new IRQ handling needs a more detailed review (check irq.c in the powerpc tree).

- disarm_decr[] has disappeared. It was used to disable the programming of the decrementer in arch/ppc/kernel/time.c:timer_interrupt(). It needs an appropriate replacement in the powerpc tree. A quick, untested hack is in the attached patch.

There might be more issues.

We should also avoid code duplication of IPIPE files, but that's something I will fix later-on.

Hope this helps you to get a bit further (kernel booted).

Wolfgang.