>>Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

>>>Unless I am wrong, it is the way it currently works.
>>>

>>Yes, for the posix skin. But native is different due to the spilt-up
>>create/start and its own affinity API. And that caused problems when
>>applying nkaffinity.
>>
>>Nevertheless, I should try to combine the cleanup of xnshadow_map with
>>passing the mask ALWAYS in task_struct. Let's see how this works out,
>>most likely with less patching.
>

> sched_setaffinity is 2.6 only. So we would have to push the mask
> application into kernel space for the native skin anyway. Hmm.
>
> What are posix skin users supposed to do over 2.4?

Right, I did not think about the 2.4 kernel, but I am not sure there are
many people using the 2.4 kernel on SMP machines anyway.

As for the native skin, it already allows to pass the affinity to
rt_task_create, using T_CPU.

> Upgrade to 2.6? BTW, do you plan to support pthread_attr_setaffinity_np
> somehow?

pthread_attr_setaffinity_np is implemented in kernel space, and the
pthread_attr_t is passed unchanged by __wrap_pthread_create to
__real_pthread_create. So pthread_attr_setaffinity_np should be already
working provided that you use a libc that supports it.

--
                                                 Gilles Chanteperdrix