Benjamin Zores wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:11:23 +0100
> Wolfgang Grandegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Benjamin Zores wrote:

>>> Probably, as when unplugging the SATA drive, the boot goes further
>>> but then hang at USB detection (both are handlign IRQs a lot i guess).
>>> Would be interesting if someone could test on other board than just mine.
>> As I pointed out in my previous mail, the IRQ handling is not yet
>> correct for powerpc. Try to correct his first.
>
> The 2.6.19 having been released out, and working much better on my card
> than the vanilla 2.6.18 used to be, I'm now more kind to adapt my patch to
> this latest kernel.
>
> However the IRQ handling API seem to have changed a lot
> and i was wondering if some work on porting Adeos
> (x86/ppc, not yet powerpc of course) patches already have been started
> by someone here ?

I don't see that PPC is converted to genirq, that new API. And I'm not
sure (while not being a PPC expert) if it ever will be, specifically as
PowerPC is already on genirq and should obsolete PPC one day, right?

Anyway, there is an unreleased work-in-progress patch for x86 over -rc6
by Philippe. I recently had the chance to test it and hack a bit on the
SMP IO-APIC part. It seems to work fine under UP, but SMP had some
issues that are identified, but still need to be addressed - thanks to
genirq, now in a widely arch-independent way.

Philippe, I know you are very busy, but shouldn't we make a pre-release
available already, also to discuss further how to deal best with genirq
on other platforms beyond x86?