Benjamin Zores wrote:
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:11:23 +0100
Wolfgang Grandegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Benjamin Zores wrote:
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:21:25 +0100
Wolfgang Grandegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, I hack a bit my patch to make it compile and the kernel already booted.
Though it hangs when loading the SATA driver.
I have no idea why atm.
Problems with IRQs?
Probably, as when unplugging the SATA drive, the boot goes further
but then hang at USB detection (both are handlign IRQs a lot i guess).
Would be interesting if someone could test on other board than just mine.
As I pointed out in my previous mail, the IRQ handling is not yet correct for powerpc. Try to correct his first.

The 2.6.19 having been released out, and working much better on my card
than the vanilla 2.6.18 used to be, I'm now more kind to adapt my patch to
this latest kernel.

I know this problem very well. The PowerPC Linux kernel is currently a fast moving target and 2.6.19 breaks the Adeos-IPIPE ppc patch again, grrr.

However the IRQ handling API seem to have changed a lot
and i was wondering if some work on porting Adeos
(x86/ppc, not yet powerpc of course) patches already have been started
by someone here ?

(i.e. something i can work from to adapt my new patch)

I will have a look when time permits. Hopefully end of this week. If I'm lucky, I may get the PowerPC tree up and running on my Lite5200. There are already some promising patches around.

Wolfgang.